Small Group Ministries
Certified Lay Speakers
- This ministry is for those who have a desire, and the ability, to speak God’s Word at church services, who take special preparatory classes, and receive certification by The United Methodist Church.
- Mt. Zion (and other United Methodist Churches) routinely call on those certified as Lay Speakers to preside over and speak at worship services.
Men of Mt. Zion
- Men gather for friendship and to serve others in a variety of ways.
- The men typically meet on the third Sunday of odd months (Jan., Mar., May, July, Sept., Nov.) for an 8:30 am breakfast followed by a meeting.
Women of Mt. Zion
- Women gather for friendship and to serve others in a variety of ways.
- The women meet on the third Tuesday of odd months (Jan., Mar., May, July, Sept., Nov.) at 7:00 pm. The meeting is followed by homemade snacks and refreshments.